Sunday, January 6, 2008

Aaaaahhhh

Ok, so this sucks. My brain is trying to convince me in any way possible that it would be ok to just have one cigarette. I have literally run out of stuff to keep me busy with, and I am hoping that actually typing this out will make me realize just how stupid it is. I can't NOT think about smoking, because I keep trying to not think about smoking. I've chewed through two packs of gum today just to keep myself busy. I've also sucked down a handful of candy canes. I am so lame. But, I still haven't had a cigarette. I can't even imagine what it must feel like without the patch. I think I'd lose my mind. Or just smoke. But I'm not going to, because I want to quit. Wait, I have quit. I quit. Done. Here's some reasons why I quit smoking...

Money. Every smoker (and ex-smoker) knows just how much this stupid habit costs. Between my husband and myself, we smoked 3 to 4 packs a day. I did say between us, right? Anyway, at minimum each pack costs $4.50, here in PA anyway. So, yeah what does that equal a day? Um...at 3 packs a day that's $13.50 and at 4 packs that's $18. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! A DAY PEOPLE! How stupid is that? Do calculating on the high end, because let's face it...it was probably closer to two packs each than 1.5 anyway. Whatever...For a week, that's $126. For a month, that's $504. For a year, that's...ready for this? ...You sure? ....$6,048! My husband and I might have well just exchanged our 1's, 5's and 20's in for some hundred dollar bills and just smoked them instead. I STILL can't believe how much money that is!!!! It makes me MAD!

Other than money (which was the catalyst for all of this, sadly), I promised my mom that I would quit for her birthday. I know it means a lot to her, and I'm fed up with it. So, in a month...Happy Birthday Mom! :P

Also, there is the health issue. I've known that smoking was messing up my lungs since I started smoking 13 years ago. I get pneumonia from any cold, and I cough all the time. It is time to let the healing begin. :) I want to kick box, I want to run, I want to have sex without getting winded (Yeah, that's pretty sad, right? And I'm not overweight...it is all the lungs), I want my house to not smell like smoke, I want my husband to quit so he will be healthy and live for a long long long time, I want to get better sleep, I want to whiten my teeth because smoking made them yellowy, I want my mind to be stronger than my body and have the willpower to say "%@*# you cigarettes!", I want my mom to be happy, I want my cats to be healthy, I want to stick it to the corporations and healthcare industry...you ain't getting me mofo's! See all these reasons? You know what's great about ranting like this? I don't want a cigarette now. :) Stay tuned for more nonsense. Probably in a few hours.

1 comment:

MEvsMEvsME said...

I haven't smoked in four days.

its really tough but were idioits for doing. I know, i spelled idiots wrong, but I decided to leave it for the irony.

I can just see the two of sitting at your computers niccin' out together coming to apocalyptic breakdowns every ten minutes.....deep breaths (of you know what)