Sunday, January 6, 2008

Countdown to Day 1

Ok, so I had to make this official somehow. And this way, I can laugh at how ridiculous I was when I was quitting. See? I'm already referring to it as already passed. Haha! Take that!

I think I'm prepared. I have the patch (it helped me when I tried to quit before), lollipops, gum, pens, fingernails, and my trusty back up...crochet. I remembered last time that I tried to quit, I decided to try it without using the patch...just cold turkey. I was halfway out of my mind 15 minutes after I woke up that morning. :( So...I put on the patch. It really took away that eyeballs getting fuzzy feeling when you really want a cigarette. I already know that coffee is going to be a problem. I bought some tea to try instead, but man...I need my coffee in the morning. Tea usually doesn't cut it.

I don't know of anything else to have as a distraction. Or back up. I think I covered all my bases. I made sure all edible distractions were fat free...they are packed with sugar, but they are perfect for a replacement. Plus, I am in the early stages of a cold, and that horrible cough is sure to show up at some point. That will make me even gladder that I'm quitting. Ugh. No matter how mild the cold, I always get a cough that developes into pneumonia. Hence quitting smoking. I physically need to. My husband is excited about quitting because of all the money we'll save. Like TONS. We both smoke at least a pack and a half a day. At 4.50 a pop that gets pretty freaking ridiculous, pretty freaking fast.

I am really nervous about what will happen with my temper. I am already a freak out at the drop of a hat, so I am kinda scared about what I'll be like without cigarettes. I already told my husband that whatever I say I cannot be held responsible for during the first two weeks. So, yeah. I'm sure he can't wait either. :P

So, countdown it is. Having my last cigarette ever. Right. Now. And it really isn't that great.

No comments: