Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 1

As of 6:22 pm, I still have not had a cigarette today. Woooooo! I am "cheating" with the patch, but I really don't know how I would deal without at least the drug. I figure, kick the habit, then kick the drug. I am way too programmed to smoke at certain times of day, after certain activities, after eating, after doing anything really. So, yeah. I have to say the patch really takes that horrible horrible craving away and just leaves you with really really bored hands and mouth.

So, I have to entertain the hands and the mouth otherwise I will just want to smoke. I got a shitload of gum, candy canes that were 90% off (gotta love that), and I've been keeping myself busy. Things are going well. I really wish I didn't have to use the patch, because I really do feel like I'm cheating. But, that part will come later after I don't automatically reach for the cigarettes when I get in my car or whatever. I even drove for 3 hours today (birthday party back home) and didn't have one cigarette. I chewed my gum furiously for awhile, then destroyed some candy canes. I can't imagine what I must have looked like with a candy cane sticking out of my mouth while driving. Pretty silly.

I'm going to bed early tonight to fight off whatever stupid ritual I have late at night. I always had to have one right before bed, so I have to kick that. I hope the patch doesn't make my sleep uber crappy again tonight. I had the worst sleep ever last night.

Here's to Day 2!

No comments: