Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 4

That's right! I got through Day 4, with no problems whatsoever. It's pretty cool to realize you can retrain your body. The hands no longer get all crazy, but according to the comments and looks I've been getting from my husband...my mood hasn't really improved. Well, that's not entirely true. My temper is the problem. I have apparently become rather snappy, but not really in a bad mood.

See, ever since the weekend, I've been feeling sick. Stuffy/runny nose, sneezing, and kinda out of it until today. Today I woke up feeling like I was going to vomit. The nausea was on and off all day. Ugh. I hate feeling like that. So, my original point was that I've been sick, but not necessarily in a bad mood. Stupid temper.

So, still good! My sense of smell is apparently returning and I'll be damned if anything actually smells good. All the different smells I've noticed so far have been awful. From car exhaust to candles burning and coffee brewing to the "bathroom funk"...I hate it! I can't believe that this has been here all along. There is no way my sense of smell was that bad. Because even when I smoked I had a very sharp sense of smell. In all seriousness though...the world smells terrible. Cigarette smoke now stinks like the "Bog of Eternal Stench". I'm sure someone that reads this will get that. It makes me sneeze. My nose has been really dry. I don't know if that is from the patch, not smoking, or being sick. Even though the world smells like poo, it's pretty cool to be like..."yeah. I smelled that way before you did." Ha ha. Speaking of smells...my cat just farted all up in my face and it reeks! Ugh.

Can't wait til Day 5. Maybe I'll smell something non-vomit inducing.

No comments: